Friday, January 15, 2010

UPDATE: From our Jimani clinic

From Brian Lloyd of Harvest Field Ministries

Paul
I just arrived shortly ago at the jimani hospiltal Luke is talking about. I won't make it a long story but simply stated, if you can get them supplies soon to jimani, then do it! They have about 30 docs and rn's here are doing a great job. The recently comPleted orphanage next door to the hospital (kids not living there yet) is currently being turned into a hospital that can take at least 100-200 people. They have more beds comIng and more drs coming. DR govt choppers are landing in their courtyard and continue bringing a steady flow of badly injured people in to be treated. I can vouch for luke and the rest of the jimani project ministry (the guys who built and run this hospital and orphanage). They do great work and they are already set up, functioning, and doing a quality job to treat men, women, and children with horrific injuries. I'm not a military guy but it looks likewhat I'd guess a battlefield hospital looks like around here.

Maybe we can still look at working together for camatin/jacmel area but that is days awAy at best and this hospital is treating and needs supplies NOW. Chris Keylon I'm copying on this contact him for coordination. He is here with me and is director of jimani group and oversaw all construction of the facilities. He may put you in touch with someone else who is running the medical show here but chris is the ace to start.
I haven't made it into Haiti yet but I think it's fairly safe to say this facility and docs are providing the best level of care possible under the circumstances. Let's help them serve more of these suffering people.

I'll still stay in touch as I learn more about camatin/jacmel.

Keep praying,
Brian

Drop off your FOOD donation to HudsonAlpha
6900 Moquin Drive, Huntsville, AL, 35806
Make CHECKS PAYABLE TO TRINITY United Methodist Church
Times: 10am - 4pm Daily
Questions: email us at haitifooddrive@gmail.com
---

No comments: